Our deer fence kits and garden fence kits are designed to be installed by homeowners and contractors alike.
Put together by standard tools, we believe we offer the highest quality, easiest to install, most effective and least visible fence materials of this type.
What does that mean?
- 16ga round galvanized line posts that are black gloss powder coated - strong & long lasting
- The best poly & wire fencing on the market (see below for details) - strong & long lasting
- Access gates 3-24 feet wide with galvanized black gloss powder coated tubing with all steel corners and fittings (not aluminum)- strong & long lasting
- Professional strong and long lasting do it yourself fence for homeowners, contractors, universities, municipalities, growers - anyone needing to keep animals in or out.
EASIEST TO INSTALL
- No dig ground sleeves for line post, post brace, corner post and gate installation. This means no concrete is necessary and no digging to make installation easy. Posts lock in place with a locking set screw. Here's an example of how ground sleeves work:
- Locking set screws make fence posts permanent, movable or seasonally removable
MOST EFFECTIVE FOR ANIMALS
- Most traditional fence leaves gaps at the bottom for animals to get through. Our fence kits with overlap include extra fencing to overlap onto the ground and pin to the ground so animals can't get through.
- Small opening size mesh - available in different opening sizes 1/4" - 1/2" and up to keep even the smallest animals out.
- Can be buried in a trench - our small opening mesh is hot dip galvanized after welding then black PVC coated for long life, even with fence to soil contact.
- No-climb fence systems and fences with a top to keep in or out all animals including cats, squirrels, predator birds, coyotes & more.
- All black posts, ground sleeves, gate hardware, post hardware and even hogring connectors - this means from as little as 20 feet away your fence will disappear. We have the least visible fence system in the world with exclusive components you wont find anywhere else.
- The less visible your fence is the more effective it will be at keeping out deer. Research has shown that if deer can't judge the height of a fence they won't try and jump it. For deer you need the least visible fence that is strong enough - if they run into it by accident they will still bounce off.
TYPES OF FENCING MATERIAL
There are different grades of deer fencing material and accessories depending on your application. This includes all metal deer fencing. Please be sure to do your research in selecting what you need for your project. There are many catalog companies and online resellers now online selling what appear to be the same products. Buyer beware, many of our customers come to us because their first fence didn't work or it didn't last very long.
We specialize in high breaking strength, small opening size metal fencing that is galvanized after welding or weaving then black PVC coated. Popular sizes are 1"x1" and 2"x2". We do not offer any fence with an opening size larger than 2" which will trap or hurt animals. We also do not promote the use of electric fence or barbed wire fence.
Electric fence is not effective for wild animals. It's most often used with farm animals where you can shock them once to teach them the danger of electric fence. Wild animals will run into the fence (deer for example) and break the strand. That one deer may not come back but the fence is now broken.
Here are some specific differences between our poly fencing and most everything else on the market:
Most poly deer fence material on the market is a Flat strand polypropylene fence mesh and is often marketed with a three strand "reinforced bottom". Our poly fencing is a different Rounded strand or Semi-Rounded strand polypropylene fence material.
Both have unique characteristics:
True flat strand polypropylene deer fence material (above) is a common type of poly fencing on the market. It's less expensive to make. The bottom often has three additional strands like the photo above. We do not suggest or support the use of this fencing. It's foreign made consisting of some recycled plastic, tears more easily and for the reasons outlined below a much inferior product.
Rounded strand or semi-round polypropylene fence material is the only material we use. We recommend this type of fence material for our customers and market it under three different common breaking strengths: Critterfence 700, Critterfence 800 and Critterfence 1100 poly fence mesh along with other types.
The reason we use rounded strand for our Critterfence Brand fence material is because:
1) It has a higher breaking strength per square foot - Without question, if you take two pieces of the same weight polypropylene material the rounded strand will have a higher breaking strength per tensile strand and also per square foot. Our fence material is ASTM independently lab tested.
2) It's less visible - To have an effective deer fence or a fence that will blend in well with your landscape, you need the least visible material you can get that will do the job. This is where the term invisible deer fence comes from. The beauty of this type of material is it will disappear from a short distance away (as little as 15 feet away). This is especially important for those customers trying to preserve a nice view from their back yard or don't like the look of a tall barrier fence. This material is truly an invisible deer fence from a few feet away. Flat strand fencing is much more visible by comparison, especially in the higher breaking strengths.
3) It lasts longer in sunlight - The enemy of any plastic product is direct sunlight. As time takes a toll on your fence, sunlight will break down the material and turn the black glossy material more of a matte color then finally turn it grey. It will become brittle then finally break when something hits it. Rounded strand fencing by design doesn't have any flat thin edges and has tensile strength in a complete circle. This enables round strand garden fencing to last longer outdoors than flat strand poly garden fencing.
4) It stretches less - Rounded strand poly fence material has flexibility, but does not stretch as much as flat strand fencing. If a poly fence material has too much flexibility it looses structure then needs to be supported. An extreme example would be a soccer net type material that doesn't stand up on it's own. Comparable rounded strand fencing has more structure than flat strand fence material. Our Critterfence Brand fence material has structure and stands up on it's own when you unroll it.
5) It has a finished edge - Our Critterfence brand poly fence material has one finished edge without burrs or cut ends. This clean, finished edge is the top of the fence and the other end is the bottom. The top is precision cut for easy handling and a clean look. Most flat strand fence material has two unfinished edges. Unfinished edges aren't as easy to handle.
If you need fence material as a barrier (around a garden, house to back yard back to house again, or a complete perimeter including driveway) we recommend rounded strand poly fencing.
If you need fence material to hang on shrubs/plants, temporary protection or seasonal protection either rounded strand or flat strand material will work for you.
Critterfence 800 rounded strand poly fence mesh from a few feet away
Here are different photos of Critterfence 800 from various distances:
Click here to compare and shop these fence rolls: Poly Fence Rolls
Critterfence 750 Reinforced Bottom:
Click here to compare and shop these fence rolls: Poly Fence Rolls
ENTIRE FENCE SYSTEM EXAMPLE
CLICK HERE TO START YOUR SEARCH FOR COMPLETE FENCE KITS WITH POSTS