The highest quality and least visible fence materials and components on the market - create your own virtually invisible deer fence or pet containment fence.
Not all deer fence materials are created equal. We've spent many years professionally installing deer fences, garden fences and pet containment fences and have selected quality materials to offer you for self installation. These are the same fence materials that we install professionally for our own customers every week. We are the largest fence installation company of these type of specialty fence materials and have been installing for customers since they hit the market.
Our deer fence kits and garden fence kits are designed to be installed by homeowners and contractors alike. Put together by standard tools, we believe we offer the highest quality, most effective and least visible fence materials of this type.
There are different grades of deer fencing material and accessories depending on your application. This includes all metal deer fencing. Please be sure to do your research in selecting what you need for your project. There are many catalog companies and online resellers now online selling what appear to be the same products. Buyer beware, many of our customers come to us because their first fence didn't work or last!
Here are some specific differences between our poly fencing and most everything else on the market:
Most poly deer fence material on the market is a Flat strand polypropylene fence mesh and is often marketed with a "reinforced bottom". Our poly fencing is a different Rounded strand polypropylene fence material.
Both have unique characteristics:
Flat strand polypropylene deer fence material (above) is a common type of poly fencing on the market. It's less expensive to make and the squares are very even. The bottom often has additional strands like the photo above. We do not suggest or support the use of this fencing. It's foreign made consisting of some recycled plastic, tears more easily and for the reasons outlined below a much inferior product.
Rounded strand polypropylene fence material is the only material we use. We install this type of fence material for our customers and market it under three different breaking strengths: Critterfence 700, Critterfence 800 and Critterfence 1100 poly fence mesh.
The reason we use rounded strand for our Critterfence Brand fence material is because:
1) It has a higher breaking strength per square foot - Without question, if you take two pieces of the same weight polypropylene material the rounded strand will have a higher breaking strength per tensile strand and also per square foot. Our fence material is ASTM independently lab tested.
2) It's less visible - To have an effective deer fence or a fence that will blend in well with your landscape, you need the least visible material you can get that will do the job. This is where the term invisible deer fence comes from. The beauty of this type of material is it will disappear from a short distance away (as little as 15 feet away). This is especially important for those customers trying to preserve a nice view from their back yard or don't like the look of a tall barrier fence. This material is truly an invisible deer fence from a few feet away. Flat strand fencing is much more visible by comparison, especially in the higher breaking strengths.
3) It lasts longer in sunlight - The enemy of any plastic product is direct sunlight. As time takes a toll on your fence, sunlight will break down the material and turn the black glossy material more of a matte color then finally turn it grey. It will become brittle then finally break when something hits it. Rounded strand fencing by design doesn't have any flat thin edges and has tensile strength in a complete circle. This enables round strand garden fencing to last longer outdoors than flat strand poly garden fencing.
4) It stretches less - Rounded strand poly fence material has flexibility, but does not stretch as much as flat strand fencing. If a poly fence material has too much flexibility it looses structure then needs to be supported. An extreme example would be a soccer net type material that doesn't stand up on it's own. Comparable rounded strand fencing has more structure than flat strand fence material. Our Critterfence Brand fence material has structure and stands up on it's own when you unroll it.
5) It has a finished edge - Our Critterfence brand poly fence material has one finished edge without burrs or cut ends. This clean, finished edge is the top of the fence and the other end is the bottom. The top is precision cut for easy handling and a clean look. Most flat strand fence material has two unfinished edges. Unfinished edges aren't as easy to handle.
If you need fence material as a barrier (around a garden, house to back yard back to house again, or a complete perimeter including driveway) we recommend rounded strand poly fencing.
If you need fence material to hang on shrubs/plants, temporary protection or seasonal protection either rounded strand or flat strand material will work for you.
Critterfence 800 rounded strand poly fence mesh from a few feet away
Here are different photos of Critterfence 800 from various distances:
Critterfence 700 is slightly less visible and Critterfence 1100 is slightly more visible. For more photos, visit our fence rolls category page.